We love simple yet effective solutions. And this incredibly rich nourishing, moisturising and smoothing hand mask effortlessly delivers just that! Your skin deserves this extra efficient and gorgeous-smelling treat.
And the best thing is that you probably have it in your pantry already. You just need to combine a few ingredients. Let’s get right to it!
- ½ ripe avocado (contains vitamins A, D, and E and has moisturising and healing properties)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (moisturising, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory)
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil or jojoba oil (abundant in antioxidants, moisturising)
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice (contains lots of vitamin C and brightens the skin)
- *1 tablespoon of cooked oatmeal (optional for an additional soothing and softening effect)
Time to make: 5-7 min
*If you are using oatmeal, cook it with some water first and let cool down.
- Combine all the ingredients (you can use a stick blender in a mug, or you can mash and mix everything by hand instead as we did on the photo).
- Apply immediately to clean, dry skin and leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. You may wrap your hands in a foil or wear disposable gloves to help with the absorption (no need to throw them away after, you can re-use them for this treatment after washing and drying).
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow with hand cream/ lotion.
Important: The amount will be enough for one-time use and this mask should never be stored as it will spoil and lose its fantastic properties.
Enjoy your beautiful, soft, and nourished hands!